Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Tuesday 29 June 2010

{Before & After: Traditional Meets Modern}

Ah, those talented lot over at Elle Decor never let us down on the old inspiration front, do they? They've pulled it out the bag again with one of their latest online articles, which details the remodel of Monticello, the country house of Thomas Jefferson. Reffering to the bright and bold new shade of yellow that graces the grand dining room walls as 'chrome-yellow', and coupled with some interesting facts, the full article makes for a worthy read. You can check out the full image gallery, too. I loved the vibrant grandeur look that follows the efforts of the remodel; the space seems bigger and, well, less drab and more fab.

Before

After
Elle Decor article written by Mitchell Owens | Photography by Pieter Estersohn | Produced by Charlotte Moss | These layouts by Bright.Bazaar

16 comments:

  1. wow! that yellow makes the room pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the shield back chairs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing what paint can do. I love the yellow, Always makes me happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a bright and bold transformation! I bet the positive energy in that room is palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder what Tom would have thought of the Ralph Lauren linens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that yellow! Just amazing Will!

    Come check out my first giveaway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is definitely more fab! I LOVE mimosa yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA my eyes took a bit of adjusting. i really liked the blue, actually. BUT you know what they say... if it ain't broke, fix it anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the yellow is definitely vibrant! Such a daring move, it looks striking though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i could use a little chrome yellow in my home. i mean, seriously, to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that really takes this room to the next level doesn't it? I love it, how could any one ever feel sad in a happy and bright room like that?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful. And I'd really like one of those marigold eating, egg laying chickens as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jesus!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree - I love the change they made. That yellow is absolutely amazing. I especially loved the tea room in Monticello. One must always have a tea room in their home. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy! Kirk and I painted the living room in our first apartment this color. It was always so cheerful, and looked great with the white trim, hardwood floors, and neutral furnishing we had then.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2010/06/before-after-traditional-meets-modern.html";