Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Friday 30 September 2011

Fireplace Plate Wall

This is a prime example of an all-white space that Mr. Bazaar could get down with. Why? Well, the lovely Yvonne from Yvestown has created visual depth and interest to the white palette in her kitchen by adding colourful wallpaper and accessories which lift the mood of the space. Look at how well the plates match the wallpaper, yet the whole room doesn't feel forced or overly co-ordinated. Rather, these little details create a coherent space that oozes a comfortable, welcoming and gently colourful vibe. And as for that top shot? It would make a top notch magazine cover shot, right?

13 comments:

  1. It's great idea! I really like this white fireplace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - I love the idea of hanging antique of vintage plates- family heirlooms would be so great! I also love that they are 3D, adds so much texture.

    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pale green retro lampshade, I really want to do something like this with my plate collection one day!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Littletree I think Habitat stock something very similar called the Aerial pendant light. Here's the link to it in their online store: http://tinyurl.com/69sljnt. It's in red here but I know they do it in the mint green, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is lovely, really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely, i love the color scheme. her home is in general really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all white as long as there is a lot of texture going on and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty colors. I like that wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. Love the plates, love the decor! Thank you for sharing! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow i think i'm in love with the red cord on the sea foam green hanging lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right and I love the exposed bricks in the all white fire place xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I've always wanted to do this - have a plate wall. But my collection of pretty plates isn't big enough quite yet. I will have to get out to some thrift stores and find more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks fabulous! I love how the details of those plates are similar to the wallpaper. They doesn't contrived, just cohesive and beautiful!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2011/09/fireplace-plate-wall.html";