Mr. Bazaar on Instagram!

COPYRIGHT © 2009 - 2012 BRIGHT.BAZAAR

Tuesday 11 September 2012

Five Creative Ways To Decorate With Topps Tiles

My mum has been planning a number home renovations recently (stay tuned for some peeks on the blog...!) and she's enlisted her very own Mr. Bazaar to offer advice/have someone on hand to wax lyrical with for hours over almost-identical-paint-shades-to-any-normal-eye! Well, as part of my research for her new kitchen tiles I came across Topps Tiles, who, it turns out, have a really inspiring catalogue. The striking combination of metro titles on the wall and square floor tiles on the cover shot (idea one) pulled me in straight away; note how the look is prevented from becoming too busy through the use of a simple two colour palette. The second idea that inspired me was this 50/50 pattern split across the splashback tiling - I love the exotic, Mediterranean feel it evokes. It's rare that I'm drawn to very muted palettes yet the mix and match approach of subtle, soft-hued ceramic glazed tiles in idea three results in a cohesive, calm and interesting splashback. The red tiles of number four are similar to the metro tiles of idea one but are more elongated, which creates a greater feel of modernity and less industrial. By extending the tiling away from the kitchen top to the whole wall creates a bold kitchen statement. Finally, and in stark contrast, we see how using small square tiles with delicate pattern detailing is perfect for a country kitchen look. My mum has a country kitchen and loves look number five best. As for Mr. Bazaar's fave? I can't pick between idea one and two. Which is your favourite?
// Topps Tiles

28 comments:

  1. Love the idea of tiling an entire wall as in #1 and #4 - but not with red tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE number one!! I am redoing a few things around my house too...just finished the bathroom. So exhausting but worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to burst your colorful bubble, but i love beige (and neutrals)! #3 is an instant fave and the country girl in me loves #5, but if i'm going for some color – definitely #1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! I don't mind neutrals either (in fact, I love grey hues!), I'm just not a fan of homes that have nothing but beige or magnolia! ;) I'm a country chap, too, so number five certainly appeals to me as well.

      Delete
  4. I will go with Idea#4! It was a close call between #1 or #4, but I'm too greedy and may want wallpaper on the other walls :)

    So #4 it is for both practical and beauty factor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hihihihi. hands up for number five.

    greetings
    die baumhausfee

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1 0r 3 for me.....I love 1 for the strength of colour and repetition but 3 for the interest although its subtle and not too busy. Considering everything people like to keep "on show" in their kitchen I like to keep the hard features uniform and simple......

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun it will be to help decorate your mum's place! I love the idea of #1 too; the colours are beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love number four! Number two is very cute too, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the first shot! The combo of the tiles of two different scales is so pretty. {also love the red + dusty blue together!}
    xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank
    www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The neutral tiles are soooo pretty! But my fave has to be the red metro tiles...x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love number 1 too. And its such a creative idea that can be explored with so many different tiles as well! Could you use number 1 combined with a more country tile feel? Hope you get what I mean!
    Emma xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of my present kitchen, I would have to say #3.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so nice! No. 3 is my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tough choice, I think number 1 too, but regardless, your Mom is in really good hands!~

    ReplyDelete
  15. The mother of pearl-esq tile is so pretty. Thanks for sharing these bits of inspiration!

    xo
    Alison

    hearofgoldandluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmm this is tough because I really love all of the designs...but that cherry red subway tile is something to behold!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No. 3 speaks to my heart. I think I'm always looking for something that is also a bit timeless.

    "To wax lyrical with for hours over almost-identical-paint-shades-to-any-normal-eye!" ... this will keep me cracking up for days, haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oohhh clever clever, particularly love that first image!

    Keren
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. No 1, no competition, however, you can't beat white brick format tiles with dark grey grout, simple and clean, add colour with paint for longevity.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am really drawn to the first room! A floor to ceiling tiled wall with patterned tiled floors? Yes, please! The image in no.5 is very charming, too!

    Jessie
    www.mixandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love no 3 and no 1 isn't bad either! Good luck wtih the renovations =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. 4 all the way...give me red, I say! :)

    http://apennyapiece.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment - each one makes my day!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
window.location.href="http://www.brightbazaarblog.com/?blogger=http://brightbazaar.blogspot.com/2012/09/five-creative-ways-to-decorate-with.html";